(Photo credit: cherrypositive.com)
Warning: No Negative Vibes Allowed!
One of the habits that have helped me grow and totally worked every time for me are positive Affirmations. I’m all about speaking life into your life. Generally, positive thinking and visualization has the ability to change your life if applied consistently. Off course, they always have to be positive affirmations if you want to attract the positive in life. I’ve realized the deep essence of the words that come out of our mouth and I can’t afford to destroy my life just with ‘mere’ words. Words are powerful; more powerful that we know it.
The world was formed and shaped through words. If I say I am wealthy for 20 years, there’s a huge chance that I’ll become wealthy. I rather say that than to keep saying I’m poor or broke.
Now, that’s my philosophy about words and it has been working for me.
In addition, I’ve come to understand myself more and noticed that one of my love languages is more of words before anything else. What happens if no one speaks those positive words into your life? Well, you have to learn to look boldly into the mirror and affirm yourself.
Affirmations are basically declarations that state the truth and authenticity of something. According to the dictionary, affirmation is defined as:
- The act of affirming or the state of being affirmed
- A statement of the existence or truth of something; assertion
- (Law) law a solemn declaration permitted on grounds of conscientious objection to taking an oath.
I’m sure we can connect with at least one of these definitions. I’ll go with the second and third definitions. Affirmations are an oath you take by declaring the truth about something you truly desire and speaking it forth into existence. Now, that’s my own definition. So I know that anytime I speak positive affirmations, I’m literally saying that IT is true and no matter what anyone thinks, it has manifested into my life. This is something that both your conscious and subconscious mind will gradually accept to be true.
From experience, when you know the essence of affirmations and HOW to use them, then they will become a great asset and tool for improving your life and helping you achieve success. Again, please pay attention to the words that you speak into your life first by controlling your thought process towards thinking more positive and life giving thoughts and then speaking forth those positive thoughts into existence. If you say you cannot do something over and over again, then don’t expect to be able to do it.
For me, I have affirmations for different areas of my life. For my spiritual life, health, wealth, business and more. I say all of them at least once a week, and the personal ones are said daily together with any other one I feel like saying, depending on my mood.
Let’s get more technical here can we? Ever heard of the term Garbage In, Garbage Out? This simply means that whatever you put into something, you get out. Think of it as an investment. If you put $1 in an investment, versus $1million, the returns will be different. The truth is, if we put garbage into our body or minds, we get garbage out. As time goes on, you can only bring our what you have on the inside. This applies to our minds, spirit, life, businesses, blogs, health and more.
The subconscious mind is like an investment. It takes an input, processes it and gives you an output (return). It doesn’t distinguish between good and bad. But consciously, we have the right to determine what our subconscious gives birth to.
There are several ways to get our minds renewed and some of the ways are by reading good books, being in the company of the right people and off course affirmative words.
Now, How can you get started?
These are the steps that will help you:
- Choose affirmations that are short
- Be relaxed as you can while keeping your mind focused on the words
- Repeat them to yourself daily, during times that you’re experiencing a mind trick towards the negative path or even while riding on a bus.
- Pay full attention to the words and feel them flow deeply into every fiber of your being
- Speak it out in faith and with boldness while connecting your mind, heart and body to the words
- Make your affirmations completely positive with no negative connections to it. It’s best to say- “I am perfectly healed” or “All I place my hands on will prosper” instead of saying- “I am not sick” or “All I place my hands on will not fail”. You get the drift?
- Use small portable and easily accessible cards (Written Technique)
- Stand in front of the mirror and speak to yourself (Mirror Technique)
- Say your affirmations in the morning before you start your day and in night before you sleep
- Save a daily timer for your affirmations. For example, you can decide that you’ll save the time for 12pm, 3pm, and 6pm. And no matter where you are, you must say them throughout the day
- Speak life consistently into your life and experience your mind, spirit and life change for the better
My 20 Daily Personal Affirmations:
- I am blessed and highly favored
- I am fit spiritually, mentally, emotionally and physically
- Only good things come to me today
- All I place my hands on will prosper
- I radiate love and happiness in all areas of my life
- I am successful in whatever I do
- My gifts, talents, skills and businesses positively help people
- I am calm and relaxed in every situation
- I am daily in the company of purpose driven, successful and loving people
- I am at peace with everyone. I am kind, empathic and generous
- I am a God-loving person, I live in righteousness and my spirit is in tune with Gods plan for my life
- I am a blessing to my family, friends, world, generation and generations to come
- Wherever I go, the glory and light of God fills that place
- I have and function in divine wisdom, knowledge, insight and understanding
- I am a woman after God’s heart
- Every cell, fiber and system of my body is working perfectly and in harmony and love. Therefore, I live in divine health all the days of my life
- I love myself, my family and my friends
- I have a healthy self-worth and esteem. I am confident in who I am
- I am proud to be a woman. I am a successful daughter, sister, mother, friend, mentor and leader
- Life is great and I fulfill my purpose on earth
So there you go! My top daily and personal affirmations. Off course I still have longer lists.
But I hope that with this, you can start speaking LIFE into your life. You shape your life with your tongue. You might as well just speak positively even though your mind or other people might not accept it. You were born for so much more than ordinary. You have greatness within you!
Now it’s your turn: What affirmations do you speak to yourself? How have they helped you? If you haven’t cultivated this into your routine yet, please let me know how I can help you or tell me some that you just wrote down.
I truly appreciate your comments!
As always, EMBRACE YOUR UNIQUENESS. EMBRACE YOUR INNER KING!
Please Enter Your Facebook App ID. Required for FB Comments. Click here for FB Comments Settings page